70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
x-vision
Senior MemberPosts: 1,082
Like?
Re: Nah, don't think so...
In reply to Jerry-astro, Mar 1, 2013

Jerry-astro wrote:

Well, at the expense of dredging up history, you were dead wrong about APS-H going broader and I think you're equally wrong about this.

I don't remember saying anything about APS-H.

But I was indeed dead wrong nine months ago, when I thought that the 70D would be a dumbed down version of 7D for $1300-1400 - and that the 7DII would be FF.

Yes, I'm eating crow now . I really did not see the (very) lame 6D coming.

But now that Canon has released the (very) lame 6D, we have more info to speculate.

The 70D will go further down in the lineup, IMO, and will be priced and spec'd competitively with Nikon's D5200 - not with the D7100. It will most likely be slotted between the two, actually.

And for those who think it will be a worthy D7100 competitor, just condier this: Canon released the (very) the 6D for $2100 - and we are now expecting that they will blow our socks off with the 70D for $1200 ??? Think twice. People are supposed to be upgrading from the 70D to the 6D.

There will obviously a 7DII - and this is where Canon will most likely introduce the new sensor tech. Of course they will also try to charge $$$ for it too.
Good that Nikon has the D7100 and D600, though, to keep the 7DII price in check.

Anyway, I've obviously been wrong before. But this is my story and I'm sticking to it .

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow