Free Riders in Challenge Voting: My Top Ten!

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ConanFuji
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,199Gear list
Like?
Re: Free Riders in Challenge Voting: My Top Ten!
In reply to Harveydad, Mar 1, 2013

Harveydad wrote:

Ruth, you might consider adding me to that list. Although I have voted many times in the past, I recently stopped voting. I have found that the way the voting is now done requires too much time if you try to be fair and impartial, and evaluate each and every entry. The number of challenges and the number of entrants requires at least a minute or two or even more in most cases to make fair comparisons, each entry against every other. I have felt for some time that it might be easier for the Host to select the top entries which he/she feels meet the rules and merit recognition, and do away with voting by everybody on everything. There are no prizes or money involved. Just one guy's rant.

-- hide signature --

POGO was right !

Ruth had voted 90,000+ times.

If she takes 20 seconds to vote on one, that's 1.8 million seconds...or 500 hours (20.8 days).

If someone doesn't wanna spend 21 days of their lives on voting, I think they have a point.

However it's still up to Ruth to mould her rules as she sees fit.

If Harveydad was to vote 90,000 times, and if he uses 120 secs instead of 20 secs, he'd used up 126 days of his life.  If he spends 12 hours of waking hours a day on voting, he'd have to devote 252 days of his life to be on par with Ruth.

I believe that's a lot to ask for....but then again, not everyone can be Ruth.

ConanFuji's gear list:ConanFuji's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F500 EXR Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow