unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Paranoia Strikes Back
In reply to Mentor_1, Mar 1, 2013

Mentor_1 wrote:

Slider44 wrote:

Mentor_1 wrote:

The greater the fear of being attacked the more you arm yourselves and the more you arm yourselves the greater the chance of being attacked so you get bigger and better arms as does everyone else and you fear even more. Great for the gun makers, doctors, lawyers, morticians but not for the paranoid lot. The good side to this it cannot be perpetual, you'll all kill each other off eventually and already have a good start.

-- hide signature --

Mentor
May the light be with you
Stop global whining
Stupid should hurt
Keep your business in town to keep your town in business

Just want to give you some facts if I may.

Here goes. Homicide rates based on GUN OWNERSHIP per 100,000 population.

#1. Honduras. (68.43 homicides per 100K population) Est. 500,000 gun owners.

#2. El Salvador. (39.9 homicides per 100K population) Est. 400,000 gun owners.

#3. Jamaica. (39.4 homicides per 100K population) Est. 215,000 gun owners.

#4. Venezuela. (38.97 homicides per 100K population ) Est. 2,850,000 gun owners

#5. Guatemala. (34.81 homicides per 100K population) Est. 1,650,000 gun owners.

#28. United States. (2.97 homicides per 100K population) Est. 270,000,000 gun owners.

Note: The United States clearly ranks #1 in gun ownership based on total population world wide, but ranks 28th (of reporting countries that is) of homicides per 100K population at 2.97

Note: Jamaica has a 39.4 rate per 100K, yet owns only an estimated 215,000 guns in their country. Form your own opinions of why.

Note: Please note the high number of homicides per 100K of the top 5 countries, and then note the number of estimated guns owned in those countries. Again, form your own opinions of why.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

Thanks for reading.

-- hide signature --

Slider44

If you wish to make yourself feel good by comparing to those countries that's fine but what are you doing about all the killings you have? Why is the US the worst among the G10 or even G20 if you like? Why have you so much more gun violence than the rest of us do per capita.

I notice you left out Mexico and apparently 87% of the guns there come from the US. Gun business in the US seems to be very large and must be as nearly all the guns in Canada come from the US, mostly legal but many smuggled.

Mentor,

I did not leave out Mexico, I just stopped at #5.  There are 23 more countries, (including Mexico) that have higher per capita homicide rates than the USA according to that data supplied in the link.  I simply was not going to type all 27 before the USA.

Furthermore, surely you realize that Mexico has a HUGE drug and Cartel problem right now.  The USA does not have a monopoly on gun manufacturing.  If they want guns in Mexico, they will get them, regardless of where from.  I know you are smart enough to realize that.

You can keep your guns if you wish but do something about the deaths attributed to them. Yah yah it's not guns it's people, so get rid of one side of the equation. Whichever side you chose.

I wish I could do something, I really do.  But that requires considerably more intelligence than I have been afforded I am sorry to say.  We have a mental health issue also in this country, and I don't have that type of education to be able to deal with those with severe mental health issues.

Drugs are a huge problem where gun violence is so prevalent, as is gang activities in certain communities.  So, the solution to all of this gun violence is much deeper than just removing the guns from those with ill intentions.  We also must find a solution to the problem of gangs, drugs, and mental health.

-- hide signature --

Mentor
May the light be with you
Stop global whining
Stupid should hurt
Keep your business in town to keep your town in business

-- hide signature --

Slider44

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow