Replace OMD or move on?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Chez Wimpy
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,781Gear list
Like?
Re: Replace OMD or move on?
In reply to J2Gphoto, Mar 1, 2013

J2Gphoto wrote:

I came from an E-5 and with the exception of the ISO performance, I miss the set up I had with the E-5, 50-200 SWD and the 12-60 SWD. So to those who questioned if I ever shot with a quality DSLR, you tell me if the E-5 falls into that category.

E-7... give it a another 6-months.  Of course, if you have to re-buy the glass, might as well start fresh with the (similar sized) Nikon.  The recent sensors are mostly "good enough" now.  I get better large format print output with my 550D than my OMD in situations where the glass / tracking focus determines the outcome (my 14-45 and 45-175 are good, but they aren't prime lens level).  At the same time, I get better large print output from my OMD and less-than-perfect glass when the PDAF fails in my 550D (often enough).

IMO the main reason to choose the m43 + OMD is the size of the system package... and if that is actually a weakness of the system for you, well, then I think you have your answer!

-- hide signature --

-CW

Chez Wimpy's gear list:Chez Wimpy's gear list
Sigma DP1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 20D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Canon EOS 550D +23 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow