Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ursula Freer
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Re: nozzle check Epson 3880
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 28, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

Ursula Freer wrote:

I always us matte black for printing (Photoshop). When I do a nozzle check the printer changes to gloss black wasting ink in the process. I also get an error message regarding the wrong size of paper. I use letter size for this and that's what is specified in the nozzle check procedure.

-- hide signature --

Do you run the nozzle check from the printer LCD panel or the driver from the computer?

From the computer, why? Is there a difference?

Check your basic prefferences from your Devices and Printers tab on your PC ( if MAC then I do not know ) right click the printer icon and under printer prefferences set to always print to Matte material, quality, orientation and No Color Management then click on apply or OK and those settings should become your defaults from that point onward unless you temporarily change them when you print.

Joe

I know how to change basic preferences on my Mac (OS10.6.8), but the only choice I have is the paper size, nothing about matte, quality, orientation and color mgt. Maybe someone with a Mac could enlighten me?

Thank you Joe!

Ursula
http://ursulafreer.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow