Recovering videos from corrupt card

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
kyjy
Contributing MemberPosts: 948
Like?
Re: Recovering videos from corrupt card
In reply to FireRouteR, Feb 28, 2013

Thanks for that.   After some further work with the newest version of Rescue Pro, and doing the same with photorec (from the testdisk suite - http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk ) I managed to recover all the videos that I remember taking.

Neither did a perfect job.  Rescue Pro didn't find them all, and a few of the ones from photorec have data at the end - presumably what was left on the filesystem directly after the video - but that was easy enough to fix.

What's left is a couple of photos that I don't think I'll be able to recover.  They look like they were overwritten somehow - part of the image looks fine, and for example one stroke on the side (say 1000 pixels wide) looks like the data is corrupt.  Some have it in different places, and a lot of them are only 4MB or so.  Of those there's only two images that I really want back, and fortunately my friend who I was travelling with took almost the exact same shots, so I'm happy with that.

Thanks for the suggestion though - I'll add that to my list for next time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow