Free Riders in Challenge Voting: My Top Ten!

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
barb_s
Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
Re: Free Riders in Challenge Voting: My Top Ten!
In reply to Molarjung, Feb 28, 2013

Wait... You are free to enter or ignore any challenge you want based on whatever crazy rules the hosts put in, right? There's plenty of criteria for entries from forcing titles and descriptions, to borders, to voting, to commenting, to writing poetry, post processing, using a particular camera, using a technique, to no rules at all. Allowing those who vote to enter is similar to restricting entry to those who have a win somewhere under their belt.  It's just another twist.

Besides, the challenges would be boring if there was no dialog here, no new ideas, no conflicts, or no host preferences  injected in the rule sets.

BTW, this is not a new rule for me. My series, "Voter awareness", started in 2011 is described this way, so it fits with Ruth's thoughts:

"I am hoping to encourage people who enter challenges to do some extra voting. The number of votes per challenge is low. This series will have varied topics. So, if you want to enter, and you haven't voted much, please take some time, and do some voting on some of the open challenges"

-- hide signature --

Barb

barb_s's gear list:barb_s's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow