Do you think Sony will ever give us Auto ISO in M mode on the RX100?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
stdavid
Senior MemberPosts: 1,835
Like?
Re: based on history
In reply to Marti58, Feb 28, 2013

Marti58 wrote:

stdavid wrote:

Marti58 wrote:

i would say its not gonna happen, they hardly ever do FW upgrades/changes.

at least not the past 7 years in the P&S segment, when they did it never was something users asked for.

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Your right hitoricaly of course but I think the RX100 is much more than the typical Sony P&S. This camera is pretty unique and has strong sales which I suspect will make Sony upgrade it to keep it on top of the heap as far as being the only full sensor compact on the market.--
Quote: Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes Oscar Wilde

the RX100 is a CX sensored camera not FF, Sony had more good selling camera's that had no influence on FW upgrades, people have put in petitions and nothing happend at that time.

-- hide signature --

*All my Post Processing is done with Capture NX2*
Flickr Photo's
Galleries on DPR

Of course I maent CX sensor and realize it is not a FF> My point is still however that Sony is sellingcameras because of the RX100/RX1 publicity. Neither of their sales numbers will be record breakers by any means. If sales figures were there only motivation I doubt they would have produced either camera in the first place. Especialy the very pricey niche camera the RX! I still feel they will upgrade both the above mentioned cameras fairly soon. But only time will tell.

Its great PR.

-- hide signature --

Quote: Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow