Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hinisc
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Looking for thick and cheap photo paper
Feb 28, 2013

Here's the thing: most of the glossy/luster inkjet papers I am using and know of fall into one of these categories: one is those of a 260-300gsm base, with a thickness (caliper) of at most 10-11 mil (~280microns), that come in 30m rolls in a price range of around 100-120EUR.

The other is those that are considered "fine art" and are thicker (over 13-14mil) and are twice as expensive since they come in 12 or 15m rolls.

I've been looking for paper with a caliper greater than 12-13mil in a price range similar to those in the first category. I don't care about the base weight, it doesn't have to be heavier, just thicker. I know of several brands of matte paper that are of a less than 290gsm base and of a caliper greater than 13mil, but I can't seem to find any glossy or satin/luster with these qualities and also cheap.

For instance, there is the Fuji Pearl 290gsm which is around 11mil thickness, at around 120EUR/30m, whereas the Hahnemuhle 285gsm Pearl at 15mil is twice as expensive...

Does anybody know of anything like that but cheaper?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow