Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,505
Like?
Re: Fuji X-20 compared to Nikon D50
In reply to Mr Sincere, Feb 28, 2013

Mr Sincere wrote:

mr moonlight wrote:

This is definitely something to take into consideration. A lot of venues don't just restrict DSLR's but any interchangeable lens camera. I carry my X100 everywhere and I've had to show how the lens is fixed a few times to gain passage where the X20 would have gotten through without hassle.

Certainly is something to keep in consideration.

However, I should mention that a bouncer at a Miami club told me my x100 was a "professional camera" and couldn't be used for taking photos inside the club. I did have the lens hood on it though, and a camera strap. Stripped of the hood and strap, I may have faired better. Or maybe he just wasn't as dumb as he looked, and knew it was a pro level camera.

They're pretty strict at Miami clubs. I've been able to get in with my X100, but I use just a thin leather strap, no hood and it's in a leather case. It could also be that they're just more relaxed when it comes to locals. Either way, the X20 would definitely be easier to get by.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow