Like?
Re: cleaning of Epson 3880 maintenance tank
In reply to jtoolman, Feb 28, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

AusPic wrote:

Ursula Freer wrote:

AusPic wrote:

Ursula Freer wrote:

Has anyone tried the procedure demonstrated on inkrepublic. You need to scroll all the way down to see how it's done. I just got an Epson 3880 and have not had the need to try this. But I will when the time comes.

-- hide signature --

Cone offered a resetter that sounded just too good so I bought one. When it was delivered I read the instructions..........Had already discounted the Inkrepublic method as too much messing about. Back to the resetter.....its even MORE complex.......then I sat down and did the sums.

Today my Plan 'B' is :

purchase a replacement once a year or so ( can be longer), click out.....click in and it's all done over in seconds!!!! Why make problems and more work for yourself?

I don't smoke but a replacement waste tank and a packet of 30 cigarettes are the same price so on that basis its a no brainer for me.

Enjoy your 3880 they are great machines.

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

Andrew, I see your point. Except I was shocked how quickly the maintenance tank is filling up.

-- hide signature --

Quickest way to fill waste tank is to do nozzle checks and cleans, I speak from experience here!! Better you print an image and use the same settings all the time so there is no swap between Photo black and Matt black. However, once a month its good for the machine and the ink to do the swap and print with the other ink. Since I quit doing checks and used prints instead my waste has slowed to hard to measure after 100+ prints today!!

I also live in hot dry and did as you for the same reason. Printmaker wised me up, now MUCH less waste.

Enjoy, its a fun journey!!

Andrew

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

I agree about cleanings but nozzle check use a miniscule amount of ink and since that tiny amount goes directly onto the paper there is zero waste generated.

I print about once a week on my 3800 and if not I will run a nozzle check and turn it back off till the next job.

But if you print a lot as you do, then what you are doing if perfect!

I also thought that it was only the seen printing that used ink thus a very efficient way of keeping the nozzles clear in dry weather, however, Epson Aust, printmaker, and my regular salesperson ( who started the ball rolling on this subject) say that on the 3880 it does a routine that uses and redirects ink, and a lot of it,  to the waste?? 'cos I cant actually see that happen via a clear waste jar  I am at their mercy, I had difficulty accepting that hence asking a few different folks???

What I will say tho is since I quit doing the checks and started printing a lot more the waste tank usage % NUMBER value has been stastic now for four weeks.

-- hide signature --

Andrew G

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow