Is the SX50 only good for photographing birds in trees?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
wacka2007
Regular MemberPosts: 301
Like?
Re: Is the SX50 only good for photographing birds in trees?
In reply to saycheese, Feb 28, 2013

saycheese wrote:

wacka2007 wrote:

saycheese wrote:

It is starting to look that way, birds and the moon. What else can it do?

-- hide signature --

Julian
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canon SX50, Olympus C5050z, Batteries, Lens Cloth, Neckstrap, polo mints, bus money.
Frodsham Panoramic

what a strange comment .

Its like saying , "that sports car ..is going fast all its good for , bet it cant go slowly "

Not sure what you are actually trying to infer .

Go to flickr and look at the SX 50 groups and see how many photos are NOT birds or the moon .

Or maybe look right here and see how many photos are NOT birds and the moon .

Are you saying this forum hasn't morphed into a twitchers paradise? If SX50 appears in the title and there is a photo icon, 9.9 times out of 10 you can expect pictures of birds. Surely people are shooting other stuff. Also, I am trying to infer nothing, I meant exactly what I said.

And... in answer to what would I like to see? Anything but birds for a while, it is fascinating seeing what people are shooting but the forum is starting to resemble an observers book of birds. Go over to Nikon or Olympus for example and there are hardly any ornithological posts, is this a Canon thing. I hadn't realised.

-- hide signature --

Julian
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Canon SX50, Olympus C5050z, Batteries, Lens Cloth, Neckstrap, polo mints, bus money.
Frodsham Panoramic

Sorry but the whole premise is ridiculous. THIS forum obviously has a good few bird enthusiast on it , but thats NOT what you are suggesting . To ask if the camera can ONLY take birds and the moon is  rather strange dont you think ?

Go take a look on flickr Canon SX50 group as someone has already suggested. COUNT how many photos are birds are there , and then COUNT how many are NOT birds or the moon . Let us know your findings.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow