Started Feb 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,599Gear list
Like?
Re: cleaning of Epson 3880 maintenance tank
In reply to JJ Winkel, Feb 28, 2013

JJ Winkel wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

I agree about cleanings but nozzle check use a miniscule amount of ink and since that tiny amount goes directly onto the paper there is zero waste generated.

I print about once a week on my 3800 and if not I will run a nozzle check and turn it back off till the next job.

But if you print a lot as you do, then what you are doing if perfect!

Right, but additional fact is that if you leave it a longer time idle, it (the 3880) decides on its own to do a devastating power cleaning cycle, I have found no way to prevent this, it did it with mine just a few days ago after about a month without printing.

If doing a regular nozzle check (let's say once a week or two) will this prevent that power clean ?

-- hide signature --

JJ.

I turn my 3880 off after every printing session and keep it covered.  I've never experienced a power cleaning upon startup, and my 3 year old waste tank is only 80 per cent full.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow