Carry-on backpack advise needed

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gelbvieh
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?
Re: Carry-on backpack advise needed
In reply to Istvan Lukacs, Feb 28, 2013

I use a Lowepro Flipside 400AW and have had no problem with it on airlines.  It is less than their size limits and because it doesn't look too big I've yet to have it weighed.  The bag weight itself is light and considerably less than some out there.  You need to watch this has some bags are 3kgs or more before you add any camera gear.  The Flipside will take your 70-200 f/2.8 attached.  Although no dedicated laptop space I have found ample room in the main camera compartment and use a thin sheet of packing material to go over my camera equipment and then pack my  11" laptop on top before zipping the bag up.  You could get a small/medium sized laptop in the front pocket of the Flipside 500 but this is an overall bigger bag and doesn't quite meet carry on size specs.  Going to a slightly bigger bag than the size specs might still get on the plane but is more likely to be weighed if Air New Zealand are anything to go by and for me when flying my carry on hardly ever meets the 7kg weight limit, usually its around 7 to 9kg.

Happy hunting.

Gelbvieh's gear list:Gelbvieh's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow