NEX6 for indoor sports?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Low Budget Dave
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
Re: NEX6 for indoor sports?
In reply to Low Budget Dave, Feb 28, 2013

All, Thanks for the replies and suggestions. The pictures are helpful because those were pretty similar to what I am doing.

The shots I am taking are usually volunteer work for a local charity. I tried pre-focusing, but then I had to turn the AF back on, and missed a few shots while I was messing with the Fn button. (Again, this is my fault, and not the camera's.) Since these are kids, the movement is not predictable enough for me to use pre-focus very well.

I had not considered getting the LA-EA2 adapter and an Alpha lens, but that seems like a good idea. The only drawback is that the alpha lenses are not stabilized, and I am usually not shooting with a tripod.

My other camera is a Canon T3, and I prefer the Sony, but that may only be because I was using the kit lens on the T3. (Someone gave me the T3, and I never invested in lenses, because he might want it back.) To me the AF on the two cameras seems pretty similar.

Anyway, I appreciate all the help. This has given me some more to think about, and some more ideas of things to work on.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow