Started Feb 22, 2013 | Questions thread
jtoolman
Senior MemberPosts: 4,018
Like?
Re: cleaning of Epson 3880 maintenance tank
In reply to JJ Winkel, Feb 28, 2013

JJ Winkel wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

I agree about cleanings but nozzle check use a miniscule amount of ink and since that tiny amount goes directly onto the paper there is zero waste generated.

I print about once a week on my 3800 and if not I will run a nozzle check and turn it back off till the next job.

But if you print a lot as you do, then what you are doing if perfect!

Right, but additional fact is that if you leave it a longer time idle, it (the 3880) decides on its own to do a devastating power cleaning cycle, I have found no way to prevent this, it did it with mine just a few days ago after about a month without printing.

If doing a regular nozzle check (let's say once a week or two) will this prevent that power clean ?

-- hide signature --

JJ.

My 3800 never does that! If I leave it unused for weeks it might clog but it does not run any cleaning cycles. Neither one of two 3800 will do that. Must be a function of the newer 3880 firm ware but I am not aware of unrequested power or regular cleaning cycles running upon powering up after being off for a while. But you are correct in simply printing which is the best preventative for clogging and having to clean nozzles.

My biggest pet peeve from higher end printer owners is their not using their printers as they are indented, and then complaining about clogging. I manage to keep 15 printers going without hardly a clog ever. Just the weekly nozzle check seems to be plenty.

Except maybe the 4900 which is a LEMON no matter what you do!

Joe

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow