K-01: Reality strikes Locked

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
drummercam
Regular MemberPosts: 489Gear list
Re: K-01: Reality strikes
In reply to wildkat2, Feb 28, 2013

"people seem to be taking so much pleasure in Pentax discontinuing the K-01.  . . . And of course the vast majority of criticism about what was "wrong" with the K-01comes from people who have never even picked one up."

That certainly seems to be the case to me.  The vitriol against K-01is so sharp that not only does the camera itself get flamed, but people got flamed personally for merely saying they liked it.

Criticism of any product offering by any company is legitimate.  But it's probably fair to also say that the degree of unjustifiable criticism of the K-01, wholly unrelated to its capacity as a picture-taking tool (it's yellow, who's marc newson, etc.) -- and ostensibly from, one would assume, Pentaxians themselves, since it occurred in this forum -- was a self-fulfilling prophecy against poor initial sales at the introduced price.

I give unreserved credit to Pentax for the K-01 product offering, and I like mine very much.  It gives results equal to the initial K-5, one of the few DSLR's to get a Gold Award from DPR.  The glee at it's discontinuance is seems like mere schadenfreude to me.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow