Sony NEX-5 Upgrade

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Questions thread
James A.
Senior MemberPosts: 1,081Gear list
Like?
Have the Nex 5 as well and waiting too...
In reply to Damián B, Feb 28, 2013

Damián B wrote:

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the helpful posts! You are right about the burden of carrying a lot of stuff.

I still have the 18-55 lens, so maybe no need for the power zoom. It do seems as a very compact lens, no idea if there is a real world difference with the original 18-55.

I hate changing lens so that's why I have the Tamron (but it seems it is not compatible with the phase AF). And it really struggles in low light.

I think I will wait till the NEX-7N to see what's the options.

If I don't own any DSLR Sony/Minolta lenses, what's the advantage of the adapter? Is there any 24 or 35 mm 1.8 available for cheap to use with the combo?

Besides, do you know any site that ships the NEX body only overseas (middle east).

l have the the Nex 5 as well and would like to upgrade too but I want something with an AF system that can track continous movement much better. That is my only complaint about about the Nex 5. I have read from others who have the Nex 6 that it is indeed better but it's still not great in terms of the AF system. My worry about the recent rumors is  that the Nex 7n's AF will be an similar to the Nex 6. I may need to wait a little longer and use my 5D to shoot my kids for action shots . I love the Nex series and hoping soon I can just use one camera for all my photography.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow