ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Alan Brown
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,637Gear list
Like?
Auxilliary mic for D7000..or whatever. bargain in UK
Feb 28, 2013

Hi all

I have been scouting for an external mic for my D7000 for sometime.. no special need till recently.

From extensive reading it seems the best entry level, but with good quality, would be Zoom H1.

Ebay (here in UK at least) used seems to be around £65.. not a bargain when they are £75 ish with guarantee and the software has not been lost!

Found a company that have the H1 for £79 and was local too, so easy to pick up and save postage.. however; and this is the bargain... The accessory pack (£24.99 separately and which is not worth the full price but useful) plus the H1 is on the site for £82.99 with the optional pack! Just £3.00 on top, for it!

I rang them.. just in case it was an error but they confirmed it and I now have one.

Company is DV247. I'd post a link but not sure it would be allowed

Might help someone here....

I just need a short double ended 3.5mm stereo cable to test it out on the Nikon for the and I'm done. I might not bother.. just keep the combo wire free and splice in the sound separately. We'll see.

Ps.. I tried a direct recording of the TV output; a mixture of music and speech (through a modest 5.1 sound system) and the quality of the recording was faithful. No obvious/detectable tininess or bass booming.

Apparently there is a hot shoe adapter for it.. Someone here might already have this setup?

-- hide signature --

There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 J2 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro +3 more
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow