DAM software replacement for IDImager

Started Sep 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
fuego6
Senior MemberPosts: 1,687
Like?
Re: DAM software replacement for IDImager
In reply to Stubb, Feb 28, 2013

Stubb wrote:

It's been interesting perusing this thread. Best I can tell, Lightroom is the only application that supports both hierarchical keywording and geotagging. Or did I miss something? I don't count Aperture because it can't import/export hierarchical keywords, plus it's been three years since it received a significant update.

—Andreas

-- hide signature --

Well... that could be true if you are talking about native geotagging support.  Idimager used to support it in v5.x  but there "new" version doesn't for some odd reason - they suggest using Geosetter.  Now, I don't have an issue using 3rd party tools that do a better job than a software's tool - but Geosetter still doesn't have a way to only show the images that you select and open the software with.  They are highlighted so you can work on only that set - but if you accidently do something to that set (or need to individually work on the images for different locations) - poof - you see all the images in that folder.

To me - that is a major misstep to the 3rd party and the reason why I only use LR now for my DAM... one stop shopping that works pretty fast and has good tools.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow