Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,560Gear list
Like?
Re: Blending signature wines...and the P7700
In reply to mallbuedel, Feb 28, 2013

mallbuedel wrote:

Sunshine_boy wrote:

-snip-

3. What color setting do you use, Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Custom?

4. Any fine adjustment on the Auto WB?

5. I assume you are using Auto iso and Aperture priority mode?

Your overall color tones look very pleasing indeed. I always go for a little punchier colors (but not vivid) which I like but sometimes give a little too contrasty results. That is why I am asking about your color and WB settings. I would appreciate your comments on the settings (and results) I use as written in my thread.

-snip-

Ben Herrmann wrote that the shooting was done in RAW.

I think that the settings you mentioned above haven't any influence on the RAW data itselves, but could provide side-information for the RAW-Converter you use (if the latter can read them). A while ago I read that the proprietary ViewNx2 can read them, but I don't know to which extend these are taken into account in the developping process as I don't use this program.

I use DxO, and the only explicit setting there with a reference to cam settings is white balance. I can leave it "As Shot" or choose among among several light conditions.

I haven't done any tests comparing the influence of cam settings to my RAW-pictures and won't do in the future. But for an investigating mind who has more time on his hands than a retiree, it should be interesting to do a field-test

I disagree!... The color settingsDO affect both jpegs and raw. To prove it, I just did a quick test. 4 shots (crops) at Monochrome, Neutral, Standard and Vivid. Faststone can display the raw files (NRWs) but obviously cannot analyse P7100 parameters. You can see what Faststone 'sees' below:

They are obviously different... 

-- hide signature --

Best Regards
Sunshine
Visit my website for lots of pics and fun...
www.sunshine-web.com
ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow