How many would find DOF bracketing and SS bracketing useful?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhilPreston3072
Senior MemberPosts: 1,770Gear list
Like?
How many would find DOF bracketing and SS bracketing useful?
Feb 28, 2013

As far as I'm aware, no camera out there allows you to be able to bracket Depth Of Field or bracket Shutter Speed. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would love this feature, especially in a Rebel since the Viewfinder is often too small to see the actual DOF.  I find DOF comparisons are much better done on the big screen of the computer, so it would be good if the camera could be set to automatically take three shots with the same exposure, but different apertures-one medium aperture, one wide aperture and one closed aperture.  Once you're home on the computer you can choose which one looks best.

Same with SS bracketing. SS bracketing would be good with action shots, giving you a variety of different motion blurs for you to select from afterwards.

We already have Exposure bracketing but this function is very much redundant for those of us who shoot Raw unless you want to do HDR. Same with WB bracketing.

I'm sure I would use DOF and SS bracketing quite often though since these are not fixable in post (or not easily fixable at least), so I'm wondering how many others would use this feature if it was available?

PhilPreston3072's gear list:PhilPreston3072's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow