ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
McTigger
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
New DSLR
Feb 28, 2013

Hi

I this is my first post but have been reading the forums for  sometime.

I have been shooting with a Nikon FM2 for many years but it unfortunately got stolen so I am effectively starting from scratch in terms of lens etc.

I have had a FZ18 as a stop gap whilst I saved up to get a DSLR but am increasingly frustrated but the shutter delay, poor low light capability and difficult manual focus. I take mainly wildlife shots and the largest prints are very occasionally A3 or 4 for calendars. Some video would be nice but it is certainly not a deal breaker for me.

I have looked at the entry level and mid range DSLRs and I am torn between which to get. I like the K30 and Alpha A57 but am concerned that the longer faster lenses will not be available/good as the pentax and sony range is more limited than canon and nikon. The D5200 and D1500 are alternatives as is the 650D. I am tempted by the D7000 but with small hands it is not that comfortable. Any advice on these or others would be appreciated.... and on the lens to go with them.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and reply.

McTigger

McTigger's gear list:McTigger's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow