K-5iis or OMD as a complement to FF

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
greg57
Regular MemberPosts: 323Gear list
Like?
Re: K-5iis or OMD as a complement to FF
In reply to brudy, Feb 28, 2013

Hi,

I own both a Pentax K-5 and an OM-D EM-5. Love them both, although I have more hope for the m43 system than for the K-mount, but let's see.

As much as I love my K-5 I think it would be the one to become redundant if I were to go full-frame. The difference in body size between a K-5 and a full-frame, while it definitely exists, is not THAT significant and after single hand holding the K5 for a prolunged street shooting session, I remember definite muscle tiredness, which never happens with the EM-5.

You're saying the IQ for the EM-5 is very dependant on the quality of the lenses but... isn't it the case for all system?

Indeed you can't really go wrong with the E-M5 and I'm having a hard time distinguishing its files from that of its elder brother the K5. Both are very stretchable all along the histogram and I actually prefer the grain of the E-M5 to that of the K5.

Bottom line is: if you already have a full frame DSLR, you should go for a complementary - as in different enough - system, and that would be the OM-D EM-5.

-- hide signature --

Gregory Dziedzic
istanbulcandids.com

greg57's gear list:greg57's gear list
Pentax K-5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OMDNew
K-01New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow