iL337P337
New MemberPosts: 5Gear list
Like?
Re: New NEX3N question
In reply to joun, Feb 28, 2013

joun wrote:

I'm really curious of buying the 3N instead of 5R. What about

-RAW shooting

-video options (resolution/fps/data rate)

-remote flash triggers with something like this - http://www.wansenphoto.com/product/html/?125.html

Basically - am I loosing out on anything else on 3N vs 5R except touch screen and wifi?

Yes it shoots RAW

Video Resolution is 1080p max but frame-rate is 24p or 60i(30p) and bit-rate seems to be 24Mbps

Not sure on the flash accessory port either, DPReview's "Hands on Preview" says no accessory port; "The camera also makes do without the touchscreen or Wi-Fi functions offered by the 5R, and forgoes the accessory port the F3 had, so there's no way of attaching an external viewfinder.", but the Sony announcement article lists; "Photography features Built-in flash_Yes (Pop-up), External flash_Yes (Accessory Port)". I don't see one on the unit so it looks like the answer is no :(.

No touch screen, no wifi, no hybrid phase detect autofocus. Though I really like the size and the $500 price is reasonable, if it offers full manual video shooting and photo taking I might get one but the NEX-5n still fits my needs better.

iL337P337's gear list:iL337P337's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Canon EOS M +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow