Like?
And what about the Alpha R&D that distracts Sony
In reply to RobbGee, Feb 28, 2013

RobbGee wrote:

Hi All

idiotekniQues wrote:

007peter wrote:

Marty4650 wrote: I think you are right "007peter"

.. an important to note that BOTH Panasonic and Olympus have no other ILC products to sell.

...Neither company has DSLRs distracting them. They have effectively put all their eggs in one basket.

Good points Marty. Fuji, Olympus, Panasonic doesn't have any market left in DSLR so they go FULL TILT into Mirror-less. Where as both Canon + Nikon has a high margin DSLR camera & lens to protect, resulting in mediocre creation of terrible compromises. Neither canon nor nikon is serious about mirrorless. They put out mediocre products hoping to steer its user backup their DSLR food-chains.

In a convoluted way, my respect for Sony is increasing. Its has a decent size DSLR/DSLT market, but doesn't hamper Sony desire to go full tilt in creating NEX. Its the only camera company with thriving markets in both arena. If you count the behind-the-scene-sensor-supply market, then Sony is in all 3 arena - a complete vertical integration from sensor to retails.

i give Sony some respect but their imaging section is not thriving if you go by their financials.

i admire Sony for doing something mirrorless with mirrorless but they really should have joined MFT - they have to fight canon and nikon too.

-- hide signature --

www.pixelsquish.com

NEWSFLASH

22nd Feb. 2013

Sony becomes largest shareholder of Olympus!

No need for m4/3 rds R&D if you buy the company. The market shake up is just starting!

See Open Forum for more details.

Best

RobbGee

Sony does way more Alpha R&D than Olympus does 43 R&D.  Also, Sony owns only 11% of Olympus.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow