Windows 8 - UGH! What were they thinking?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nikon007
Forum MemberPosts: 52Gear list
Like?
Re: There's a s***** born every minute
In reply to Jim Cockfield, Feb 28, 2013

I really do think MS made a big mistake by not having much more instruction at the first start up on the differences they will see and how to do the basic things. Some folks can't figure out how to turn off the computer or find the control panel etc, when that happens there is a problem I admit. The OS should have come with built-in help videos on how to resolve the most common issues.

Well it would be nice if MS gave us the new OS for free like some of the other brands do when there is a major upgrade (might be some exceptions), Android is a whole different story, my understanding is that it is an open platform somewhat like Linux. I don't see MS going there. Future upgrades may be much less expensive though if based on the same platform as 8. From what I have read W8 may be the last big OS change for quite some time and from now on there will be incremental changes or upgrades like Apple does.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow