Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
mordicai
Forum MemberPosts: 95
Like?
Re: So you've written Adobe, right?
In reply to Jeff Schewe, Feb 28, 2013

Jeff Schewe wrote:

mordicai wrote:

Jeff Schewe and Mr Chan are two LR engineers who are prolific contributers on Luminous Lightroom, and we all know Michaels feelings about Sigma software. Come on Richard, hyou can't be serious.

Just to be clear, I'm not an Adobe engineer...I don't work for Adobe (although I sometimes work with them) and I don't do code...as far as Mike's feelings about Sigma, I think that has more to do with the way they are running the company and not so much about their cameras...so I don't think it's fair to characterize LuLa as being anti-Sigma.

As for Eric, I can't speak for him, but I expect he would love to get Sigma raw support as soon as possible but I also suspect there are more technical and not political issues involved. Sigma files are really tough to demosaic because the sensor is so different.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Jeff Schewe

Hi Jeff, Didn't know you followed DPR. I have your book and have followed you for years on LuLu, so I know who you are, but was trying to make a point that people in the know at Adobe follow the photo chat sites. I took a little liberty to make a point and thank you for making for me. We don't have to start writting letters to Adobe to let them know we want them to support Sigma Merril.....they know! For those that don't know, Jeff has released a book called the "Digital Negitive", which is a wonderful guide to understanding and working with....the digital negitive.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow