Started Feb 26, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Carey Brown
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056Gear list
Re: About Lightroom and metadata
In reply to AMomcil, Feb 28, 2013

AMomcil wrote:

Thanks Carey,

Yes, it is partially about the price, but not only that.

Lightroom seams to be very good at a lot of things, but I feel there are better (or lighter) tools for some other tasks - regarding image viewing, tagging and searching. That is why I would like to find a solution that would not lock me to any particular application - Lightroom or else.

I hope that metadata (tags, etc.) could be kept both inside files (or sidecars for RAW) and also copied to Lightroom database. In that case I could have the best of both worlds - to have a quick indexing within Lightroom, but also possibility to use other tools whenever I want to.

Could Lightroom be configured to maintain metadata simultaneously both in files (IPTC/XMP) AND in own database?

-- hide signature --

Aleksandar Momcilovic

I don't use it. I thought it was there but couldn't remember how to set it up. I found this though...

Specify where to write metadata changes

Carey Brown's gear list:Carey Brown's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow