Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
petersolymosi
Regular MemberPosts: 159Gear list
Like?
Re: ISO 6400??
In reply to CrisPhoto, Feb 27, 2013

CrisPhoto wrote:

tjdean01 wrote:

Cat in street: so not only did you have the f1.4 (25 mm?) lens, but you managed a 1/10 sec shutter speed in addition to ISO 6400. It was ​thatdark? And if so, it's amazing we can now take these kinds of shots with small cameras that were never before possible!

-- hide signature --

ysamail01-dpreview@yahoo.com

Yes, it was 10:00 at night, the time our tomcat leaves the house. That night I followed him with my new PL25.

It was quite dark, only two lamps were lightening the whole street. I was really amazed by the low light capabilities ...

Only one night picture impressed me more: i took a 20sec shot of the night sky and easily found the andromedy galaxy on the picture. It was hardly observable with naked eyes or biniocular, but OM-D caught it.

RE: starry night shots. Did you get any motion blur with the 20sec exposure (I mean from the motion of the earth spinning)? I haven't yet tried to take any starry night shots but am curious to do so.

Thanks.

petersolymosi's gear list:petersolymosi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MilkNew
SOOCNew
LadyNew
IzzyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow