Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
petersolymosi
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Re: ISO 6400??
In reply to CrisPhoto, Feb 27, 2013

CrisPhoto wrote:

tjdean01 wrote:

Cat in street: so not only did you have the f1.4 (25 mm?) lens, but you managed a 1/10 sec shutter speed in addition to ISO 6400. It was ‚Äčthatdark? And if so, it's amazing we can now take these kinds of shots with small cameras that were never before possible!

-- hide signature --

ysamail01-dpreview@yahoo.com

Yes, it was 10:00 at night, the time our tomcat leaves the house. That night I followed him with my new PL25.

It was quite dark, only two lamps were lightening the whole street. I was really amazed by the low light capabilities ...

Only one night picture impressed me more: i took a 20sec shot of the night sky and easily found the andromedy galaxy on the picture. It was hardly observable with naked eyes or biniocular, but OM-D caught it.

RE: starry night shots. Did you get any motion blur with the 20sec exposure (I mean from the motion of the earth spinning)? I haven't yet tried to take any starry night shots but am curious to do so.

Thanks.

petersolymosi's gear list:petersolymosi's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MilkNew
SOOCNew
LadyNew
IzzyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow