Is it worth stepping into the world of Medium Format photography? (film or digital)

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jalmod90
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Is it worth stepping into the world of Medium Format photography? (film or digital)
Feb 27, 2013

I didn't know where to place this thread/question, so hopefully I could get some assistance here. 
I was wondering if it is worth jumping into the world of Medium Format camera. I am an enthusiast who likes to experiment with different cameras and formats. I had a chance to shoot MF film (4x5 specifically) when I was in school, but have not had access to the equipment or a lab since then.
I would like to know where a could place to start would be. I don't mind shooting film if there is a photo lab which processes it well, or as long as I am able to process the film myself (does anyone know of a lab in the NYC area?)

If shooting digital, is it worth the workflow change? I noticed that some digital backs require the camera to be tethered for shooting. 
If so, what bodies are available that take both film and digital backs?
Thanks for the assistance!

-- hide signature --

"In the Internet age, the bathroom is now the photography studio.In the film age, the bathroom was the developing lab.
And before the film age, I guess it was just the outhouse." - Anonymous

Jalmod90's gear list:Jalmod90's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +1 more
ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow