SX50...not "the" camera?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,728Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50...not "the" camera?
In reply to lkk324, Feb 27, 2013

lkk324 wrote:

I am reading your reviews right now!!! I have a question. Is there a reason you didn't opt for the fz200? was it the zoom or since you are use to Canons. I have the canon dslr and want a superzoom for ease of use and trying to figure out which to get cuz I would still like to be able to get those action shots if needed. I see I wont have trouble at night so thats a bonus!

The fz200 is a fine camera and there have been many times that I could have used its f2.8 lens. The SX50 however has that really big zoom that I bought it for and an IS that always amazes me when combined with good telephoto handling technique. In a recent thread, I asked if anybody would be interested in a slightly larger version of the SX_0 with a faster although slightly shorter (maybe 1000mm) lens, but everyone basically favored the status quo. Since I am used to carrying a dSLR with a 100-400L zoom, I wouldn't mind a larger, faster one piece  SX_0 kit. In another thread I stated that I would probably be happy doing a direct comparison of the SX50 and fz200, if Panasonic wanted to send me one. That would be an interesting task but I'm not holding my breath waiting for a fz200.

So for me, the SX50 won out, also in part that even though I own cameras and lenses by three manufacturers, I find the Canon ergonomics and way of doing things the most to my liking.

Vision

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow