A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
richarddd
Senior MemberPosts: 2,668Gear list
Like?
Re: The general wisdom is...
In reply to shihhan, Feb 27, 2013

shihhan wrote:

richarddd wrote:

Are there detractors for the Oly 12/2?

There are a lot of complaints about the AF noise and speed of the Panasonic 20/1.7.

Hi Richarddd,

The Oly 12 f2 is a great lens.

Personally, I've found it a bit pricey (at 500), where the 12-35 X can be purchased for 700...

Yes, I understand IQ is much better on the 12 f2 (prime > zoom nearly every time), and the aperture is a stop faster (which may or may not make a difference in real life.)

So it depends on what your priorities are!

For me, I'd stick with 12-35 X + something faster / wider than 12 f2 (when it hits the market)... but that suits me, and you may have completely different requirements.

Hi,

You had said "Everything else has its supporters and detractors, but the lenses above are considered good quality and / or value by pretty much everyone."

From what I can tell, the 12/2 and the 12-35/2.8 are considered good quality and/or value by about the same number of people.  If anything, I've seen more complaints about the quality of the 12-35 than the 12.

richarddd's gear list:richarddd's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow