Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
lkk324
Regular MemberPosts: 364Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50...not "the" camera?
In reply to VisionLight, Feb 27, 2013

VisionLight wrote:

dzyg wrote:

...and I don't want to have issues this summer when I stumble upon a fawn or something like last summer...

I stumbled upon this young buck and tracked him through the deep shadows of the woods as he kept avoiding me. As he broke from under the tree line into the brightly lit field, he was trotting and so was I as my SX50 captured this single shot image:

As he came to the next tree line, he stopped to graze in the dappled sunlight, so it was much easier to capture this image, even though he was so far away that I needed the 1.5TC (1800mm equiv.) to frame the handheld image:

The SX50 is a camera that takes practice and good technique to get the best results. If you're interested, I've shared some of my thoughts on using the camera here:

Techniques for sharp pictures with the SX50

and my full review of the camera here:

SX50 Mini-Reviews Christmas Special - Did you find your new camera under the tree?

Hope you find them useful,

Vision

I am reading your reviews right now!!! I have a question. Is there a reason you didn't opt for the fz200? was it the zoom or since you are use to Canons. I have the canon dslr and want a superzoom for ease of use and trying to figure out which to get cuz I would still like to be able to get those action shots if needed. I see I wont have trouble at night so thats a bonus!

lkk324's gear list:lkk324's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow