Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Low Budget Dave
Junior MemberPosts: 32
Like?
NEX6 for indoor sports?
Feb 27, 2013

Does anyone have any recommendations for using the NEX-6 to shoot indoor sports? I got an NEX6 for my birthday (best wife ever!), and I got the SEL 50mm lens, which works pretty well, but I still need some help with a few things.

First, the camera limits ISO on most settings to 3200. Is there any reason to go higher than this, or is that the best choice? (I usually shoot in aperture priority, but I am willing to change this if there is a way to get better shots.)

Second, should I get another lens for distance, or just make do with the 50mm? The 55-210 looks like a good deal, but I don't know if f6.3 at the long end is fast enough?

Third, The 50mm with the firmware upgrade seems to track pretty well, but I still lose 50% or so of shots to bad focus. This is better than I can do with manual focus, but is there a way to improve this?
Finally, is this the wrong camera for the job? I am willing to work at it to get better, but I don't want to spend too much time hammering square pegs into round holes. Should I just break down and get an a99 and hide the invoice from my wife?

Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow