Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
lkk324
Regular MemberPosts: 364Gear list
Like?
Re: SX50...not "the" camera?
In reply to dzyg, Feb 27, 2013

dzyg wrote:

MurryG wrote:

How are you focusing? I keep continous AF ON and use face Detect even though there is usually not a face so I get a single center green frame. You can slao try Tracking AF for moving objects. If you want to let camera do all the work you can try the Sports mode. Just a few things to try before you give up and spend more $$$ :0)

SX50 focusing options are covered pretty well from page 130-140 in the Camera Users Guide PDF that can be down loaded here:
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300008700/01/pssx50hs-cug-en.pdf

Murry

-- hide signature --

Thanks Murry...I don't have AF on cause it seemed to take longer to focus this way but maybe I need that. I do have a single center green frame but don't use face detect. Could try the tracking AF, thought I did once but not sure. Sports mode is a no as I know it selects a higher ISO and I don't want that. Supposed to be nice and sunny this weekend so I will go out and try your suggestions and see what happens. So far everything I have taken inside is great...its when I go outside that I start to have problems...and I don't want to have issues this summer when I stumble upon a fawn or something like last summer...

Question for you....Have you taken inside shots in the evening of the dogs or anything with the sx50? What about any outside evening pics?? Im thinking of getting it for another camera. I already have the dslr.

Lisa

lkk324's gear list:lkk324's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow