MX-1 — World's best value compact (video review)

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
miles green
Senior MemberPosts: 3,459Gear list
Like?
Re: Without Comparing To The Real Competition How Can He Say.." Worlds Best Value Compact?"
In reply to jimr, Feb 27, 2013

jimr wrote:

So he compares to a different size and sensor class camera and avoids all of the the real competition and concludes....."Best Value Compact". Yup.... :}

So value he determined by the following untrue statement...

At 16:53 he says "$800 vs. $400"....What? At that price difference slam dunk ...comparing those two I understand.

But the RX 100 is not twice the price of the MX-1. Check...

How about comparing the price of the LX 7 at $299 et.al...?

I guess those are the prices down under?

The "class" is hard to define... Classic look, dslr-like button layout, tilting screen, fast 4x zoom, macro mode, the sensor size, fits in a jacket pocket, and brass plates and price bracket... Nothing else has exactly the same features. It comes down to a question of taste really...

But the lack of hot shoe on a p&s is really a non issue for my taste. The LX7 looks like a nice camera. It has a hot-shoe and optional evf, but loses the tiltable screen and the "classic" brass plates. The RX100 has a bigger higher resolution sensor but also a much slower lens... It's a question of taste...

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-5 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow