ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
diness
Contributing MemberPosts: 920Gear list
Like?
which 70-200?
Feb 27, 2013

Hey there!

So I am looking to get a 70-200 to pair with my Canon T2i.  I am having a hard time figuring out which will fit my needs the best.  I have three main options I am considering...

1.  Canon 70-200 2.8 non-IS

2.  Canon 70-200 f4 IS

3.  Canon 70-200 f4 non-IS plus 85mm 1.8 (for low light stuff)

So I'll be shooting a wide variety of places, but almost exclusively people.  I will be shooting probably 65% outdoor and 35% indoor.  Many of the things I will be shooting will be kids sports/activities (so there will be movement but obviously slower speed than pro sports or something like that).  I will also be shooting church events and things like that, so some low light indoor stuff.  Again, with some movement, but not super fast movement.  What are your thoughts on these options?  I have held all the 70-200's at my local shop and I like the weight of the f4, but the 2.8 didn't feel like it was dramatically heavy to me.  All of them felt very solid and quick.  I would love to hear your thoughts!

Tony

diness's gear list:diness's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow