* Wed C&C (No Theme) Thread, Ed. 253 February/27/2013 *

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,001
Like?
Exploring a Scene
In reply to 19andrew47, Feb 27, 2013

OK, I'll be bending the rules again this week (bending up to the point of breaking, actually), by not showing one image but a small series, that resulted from exploring a scene as it presented itself.

The idea is that it might be interesting to share this thought-process and ask for feedback on which of the resulting images works best and why?

The idea to present this series in this weekly thread, resulted from a previous thread in which I showed (and some people discussed) images in which several statues in a museum were brought together visually with a narrative purpose.

What I show here, is similar and I am curious to hear your thoughts.

First Image is a close up of two statues.  They seem to be connected (and maybe they came from a group), but actually they are two separate statues placed together in what can be considered the museum's "scrapyard", where statues currently not shown in official display because of place constraints or need for repair are placed.  In another shot, it will be clear that the person who seems to take a beating here, is actually making a courtesy bow:

Second Image places the first of those two in a relationship with statues further away and from another genre.  DOF makes the nearby statue be a mere silhouette :

Third image is essentially the same view, but oriented differently and with focus elsewhere:

Fourth image shows the first "group" again in a more complete view:

Fifth image shifts focus to a larger group/statue further on the grounds - this is a classic large bust of some ruler or king, surrounded by two allegorical characters (I think a representation of the city of Antwerp and Hermes, the God of Commerce):

Sixth Image tries to establish a connection between the first and the last group, resulting in an unavoidably somewhat busy and chaotic image :

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ZinNew
MikeNew
RoelNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow