MacBook Pro Retina 15" success stories ?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
alpshiker
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
MacBook Pro Retina 15" success stories ?
Feb 27, 2013

Using Photoshop CS6 and LightRoom 4, as well as some older apps, I'm in the market for a new MBP that should also become my main work station with an external monitor. It seems that with it's long awaited USB3 connectivity, the current MBP maxed with 16 GB of RAM and an SSD is quite capable of replacing a desktop computer, even for file extensive work in LightRoom and CS6.

Now, my dilemma is whether I should step out in terra incognita and go for a Retina display and design, or stay safely with the classic MBP with antiglare high-res screen. I'm currently leaning towards that second choice, mainly because of some issues I read about on the web, in particular the incompatibility with many non optimized software causing jagged borders on text and images, which could be fixed in time however, but also some unresolved system slow downs and lags which have driven some unlucky users nuts. They could not solve that issue and had to return their MBPr for replacement…

I'm also over 50, and although I don't need glasses for close viewing thanks to myopia, eye strain is sometimes a problem…

However, it seems that the future of MBPs is definitely Retina, And Apple launched a new updated line of Retina in February I think, so maybe the lag issues in particular have been addressed in the current batches ? But some say that we should wait until June.

What are the conclusions of those of you photographers and owners of the Retina MBP after some weeks/ months of usage ?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
rMBPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow