Like?
Re: Related to Ricoh Pentax K01 failure
In reply to YuriS, Feb 27, 2013

YuriS wrote:

MPrince wrote:

YuriS wrote:

MPrince wrote:

What failure are you referring to?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/02/25/Pentax-Ricoh-discontinues-K-01-k-mount-mirrorless-camera-after-1-year

-- hide signature --

Yuri Stangrit

Thus becoming the first company in the history of photography to ever discontinue a product.

From the various Pentax forums I frequent, it appears that nearly everyone who owns a K-01 loves it. Hardly a failure. But if I'm not mistaken, (and I certainly could be) this product was under development under Hoya management, could be a simple case that Ricoh has made a management decision to take things in a different direction.

Hi! You know... There are two kinds of failure: technical (which is complete disaster) and business. I did not say that it was technical failure. Picture quality was good, controls etc.. also not bad. And it was oriented to Pentax users (K-mount). But probably from sales point of view… It looks problematic. This design had very limited flexibility in term of lens usage. Such flexibility is one of the major sale point of the mirror less cameras. Lack of this point prevents from any other users (not Pentax) to like this camera – sales not growth, camera discontinues…

Since now that Oly , Sony and few other have reported loss in their imaging division, it would be fair to say that all their imaging products are collectively business failures. Pentax is hardly alone there.

-- hide signature --

::> Knowledge is mother of efficiency.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow