MX-1 — World's best value compact (video review)

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
citrontokyo
Contributing MemberPosts: 762Gear list
Like?
Re: MX-1 — World's best value compact (video review)
In reply to Zvonimir Tosic, Feb 27, 2013

I'm a fan of Blunty's reviews. He doesn't pull any punches and seems pretty honest when talking about what he likes in his cameras. I'm not sure how objective he is; from the reviews I've seen, he seems to have a soft spot for Sony, Nikon, Pentax and maybe even Apple. Pretty much any camera he likes gets his appreciation.

In any case he certainly does like it the MX-1. He gives it his bang-for-the-buck choice over the sony rx100 which he apparently loves "to bits."

The lens seems to be a huge plus for this camera, being fast at the long end as well as the short, and transitioning in and out of macro without any necessary button pushing (even in video).

He also gushes about he build and the tilting LCD, as well as a well laid out menu on said screen.

It looks like a great camera, and maybe I'll pick one up, or its next iteration, when or if my GRDIV ever dies on me. In the meantime, though, I think I'll be satisfied with feeling one up at Yodobashi tomorrow on my way home from work.

citrontokyo's gear list:citrontokyo's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow