Regular MemberPosts: 337Gear list
Like?
Re: You are lucky...
In reply to il_alexk, Feb 27, 2013

il_alexk wrote:

YuriS wrote:

il_alexk wrote:

YuriS wrote:

Hi Alex, I agree that Sony will have limited gain from this move.. except the sales of the FF sensor (which is good and expensive) for another customer. They not only will have more sales / money, but also will control larger part of FF market by introducing Pentax to this segment (If I’m not mistaken Pentax-Ricoh do not have FF at all).

Pentax is using Sony sensors today, what you say is already happening. As for your original question about Pentax joining Sony to build E-mount camera, why would Sony want to give away their market share? They have all the technology and capacity to do it without help from Pentax, so why do they need Pentax?

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Alex

Alex!

Good question. I have opposite question: does partnership of Olympus and Panasonic helped to rapid growth of m4/3 system? I think Yes. So if Sony will issue NEX-9 (E-mount FF, Mirror less) it will be only one player on this field. It is good and bad from business point of view. Good – Sony can keep higher prices as a monopolist. Bad - the share will be very limited – it will be super premium product, not consumer. Second player can provide wider opportunity market-wise. I think Sony still can gain from this partnership, it case the marketing policy will be clever…

Sony has recently invested in $640m in Olympus. I am not sure there is a room for Pentax in this partnership.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Alex

Yeah... Who knows...
--
Yuri Stangrit
http://natalispalette.jimdo.com/new-and-old-camera-lenses-by-yuri-stangrit/

YuriS's gear list:YuriS's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow