Judging the camera or judging processing?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
KHorn
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: Judging the camera or judging processing?
In reply to lxlex, Feb 27, 2013

I really don't know what your exact argument is here.    My first digital camera a Casio 640 x 720 took what I thought were pretty good pictures 15 years ago.  In fact every digital camera since then has taken good photos without much post processing.  I have an Alpha camera yet sometimes I'm amazed at the shots my wife's 83 yr old mother gets with her 8mp Kodak.  And I can assure you Granny doesn't even know how to use a computer, let alone Photo Shop.

I think it's safe to say all cameras are good at most levels of taking a decent shot.  Before I purchased my Alpha in November I researched it on line.  I first did a google search "Sony Alpha 560 reviews...."  and then when to the various sites to read the conclusions and looked over the photos they provided.  I really don't think sites like Steves digicams, Imaging Resource, DP Review, or Cnet do that much post processing to the photos in their reviews.  I also check out the user reviews on sites like Amazon, to see if there are any quirks I should look out for.

So have faith if you stick with most of the basic rules no matter which camera you decide to buy you can be assured that you'll get some good photo's out of it.

And don't forget to keep practicing with your post production.....  I'm no expert at it but I keep getting better.....

Good Luck

KHorn's gear list:KHorn's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A560 Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow