Wireless trigger for NX20 shutter?

Started Jan 15, 2013 | Questions thread
jonathanj
Regular MemberPosts: 476Gear list
Like?
Re: Wireless trigger for NX20 shutter?
In reply to jonathanj, Feb 27, 2013

jonathanj wrote:

Practically, no, and this is annoying. My NX10 worked fine with a standard (ebay sourced, $20) wireless remote. There are, as far as I can tell, 3 alternatives for the NX20:

1. The smartphone app. THIS ONLY WORKS IN FULL AUTO! Yes, I'm shouting. I find this extremely irritating, given that it would be perfectly possible for Samsung to have enabled this functionality in other modes. I'm guessing the reason they didn't is that they don't have a phone UI for controlling all the various functions: aperture, shutter time, etc. I was hoping for an update but it doesn't seem to be forthcoming. Personally I'd have been happy to set all of these on the camera and just use the camera as a shutter release.
  2. The cable release you mention. ..
  3. Build your own. There's a thread on this forum about someone who spliced a standard 2.5mm cable into a mini USB cable. This is beyond my technical expertise but is theoretically possible.

Annoying, isn't it?

(Edit = typo spotted)

I need to retract my earlier complaint

I purchased a remote on ebay that works fine - basically the same as the remote I had for the NX10 with a different cable, and it works fine . I can't seem to find the exact product on ebay, but it's similar to this one:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-Remote-Shutter-Release-for-Samsung-GX10-NX11-NX10-NX100-NX5-/270749262273?pt=UK_Photography_DigitalCamAccess_RL&hash=item3f09e9e1c1&_uhb=1

The difference being that the cable supplied is a 2.5mm to mini USB. It's not as good as if the smartphone app worked in different modes, but it functions quickly and easily and was quite cheap, so I'm happy now!

jonathanj's gear list:jonathanj's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow