Judging the camera or judging processing?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lxlex
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Judging the camera or judging processing?
Feb 27, 2013

I find it a bit ironic when people say that a particular camera takes great shots when the shots being displayed are processed. I don’t think this is the way to judge a camera!

So what are we really judging, the camera or the processing? Sure things like composition and the photographer’s eye have a say in what the camera and the photographer can do also.

I wish there were more websites dedicated to what the camera can do than what Photoshop can do.

While I appreciate sites like this and others most of the time shots taken are not always at the cameras best settings.

How I wish places like Flickr had a no post processing area? This would help people judge the cameras ability and any potential buyers would find it easier to make up their minds.

You know it takes enough time to sort the keepers when I’ve been out taking shots so I don’t have the time to spend hours/days processing photos. I really appreciate the feedback others have given me to improve my images straight out of camera and to those generous people I say thank you!

Now in saying that does anyone know of websites that take advantage of what the camera can do without processing?

-- hide signature --

Best wishes,
Lex

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow