Best app for Metadata handling?

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mike Boreham
Contributing MemberPosts: 807Gear list
Like?
Re: Best app for Metadata handling?
In reply to pgerrish, Feb 27, 2013

pgerrish wrote:

Thanks have decided to go LR4 as offered a good educational price and also can start on the PC and then move it to the Mac. I also realise one licence will allow me to use on desktop and MCBPro as long as not used at same time.

If you buy Aperture from the App Store you can run it on up to five (I think) machines.

on a more general note, I have had both Aperture and Lightroom since the beginning, but over the last two years have found myself gravitating to Aperture managed libraries, and keep LR as a backup.

With big complex software like Aperture and Lightroom, peoples preferences are strongly influenced by familiarity. Switching from one familiar product to a new different unfamiliar one  has a huge learning latency to overcome.

Either prog will do just about anything anyone could want, but my opinion is that for someone who is not familiar with either Aperture is slightly more intuitive and accessible.

Mike Boreham's gear list:Mike Boreham's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 RX100 III +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow