Sony A700

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Questions thread
Clyde Thomas
Regular MemberPosts: 412
Like?
Re: Sony A700
In reply to ric63, Feb 27, 2013

ric63 wrote:

In regards to the 3 screws for AF adjustment.

Would I need to adjust these if the camera focuses well?

Nope, wouldn't need to touch them, as long as only one lens was used on the camera.  My one a700, calibrate for 135/2.8 and 85/1.4, and the 100/2 and 200/2.8 are off.  Calibrate for the 100 and 200, and the 135 and 85 are off.

Another is calibrated specifically for Tamron 35-105/2.8 SP.  The lens never comes off the camera.

Another is calibrated specifically for Tamron 70-210/2.8 SP.  From 70-180mm, it's great.  But it requires a different calibration for 190-210mm.

These are both the older original Tammy SP's, so I can't speak to how it would react on the Siggy's.

The cameras are so cheap, that I just use a couple devoted to specific lenses for portrait kit, vs others for commercial.

Love the camera though.  Such lovely files to work with.  I even took out the AF screen, so the view is completely blank, old school.  AF still works perfectly fine, and it's not difficult to know where the selection point is.  Usually just leave it on center point.

-- hide signature --

Here to help. Here to learn.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow