elfroggio MOD
Senior MemberPosts: 1,802
Like?
Re: Didn't work for me
In reply to Horshack, Feb 27, 2013

Horshack wrote:

elfroggio wrote:

Horshack wrote:

Hmmm....many have reported DotTune matching their Focal results. Did you use the same target for both?

Yes, same target, my LensCal, for both with the 2 black and white square exactly in the middle with the spot AF in both cases. One shot AF single shot drive in both cases.

I own a 7D but unfortunately it's not with me. I did all my testing on a 5DM3, which DotTunes very well. It's hard for me to troubleshoot without a 7D in my hands unfortunately. Can you give me a sense of what the VF confirmation feedback was like for the confirmed range you found? Did any of the tune values have any lag between the shutter half-press and green dot, even if only a tiny lag? Did you get any flickering green in the 5 seconds for any of those confirmed values?

Once I figured out that I needed to be in one shot af,  single shot, spot af. I did not use the half-press on the shutter, I used the back AF-ON button. The only time that I touched the lens was when switched from af to manual. Tripod and IS off.

MFA add 1 or subtract 1, then af-on, green dot solid or not. I checked the youtube video, and I followed the instructions and did the same.

No lag, that I noticed, immediately solid, those are the numbers I used.  No flickering at all, it was on or not at all, never got any flickering. +17 sold confirmation, +18 nothing blank.

-- hide signature --

Thanks
http://www.foto-biz.com
The Business of Being a Photographer -- Lightroom Q&A

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow