If Nikon Reseases an APS-C Mirrorless, Will You Jump Ship? And Another Question, too...

Started Feb 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
KnightPhoto2
Senior MemberPosts: 1,358Gear list
Like?
Re: Nope
In reply to imabel, Feb 27, 2013

imabel wrote:

I also will not be moving to a system. I have chased the smaller format for a few years with the Panasonic G1 through G3 and the Olympus 410, 520, EPL-1, and EPl-2. They were all good cameras but I wanted even smaller more compact lens system. the V1 has the best EVF of any other small camera I have owned, focus is faster, I can deal with the 10MP sensor. I wanted a camera that I could carry hiking in the hills all day and not be saddled with weight/size limitations with my age (73) and RA.

Good points.

I may re-evaluate after our black bear photo expedition to BC, Canada in May. We usually can get close enough that the 30-110 will work well, especially with the electronic shutter and VR capability. I suspect the camera and lens will work just fine and I am really satisfied with the the current N1 system. I would consider upgrading to a newer V(system body) in the future.

Mike

For the black bears it may well be worthwhile getting a FT-1 and bringing along a conventional Nikkor 70-300 or other Nikon telephoto. I can't see the 30-110's 300mm FOV being enough in most cases. Here's a sample with that combo (click on the "View Original Size" link, this compressed version doesn't do it justice):

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/data/9697/2012-10-14_09-51-00C.jpg

Lesser and Greater Yellowlegs

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
SteveK
'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/119002

KnightPhoto2's gear list:KnightPhoto2's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow